Pages

16 February, 2016

Fashion is my Faith

As crazy as this might sound, I think fashion is my faith. Here I am: sitting in class wearing leggings, a white tee and a lululemon jacket. I've also topped on an enormous Zara scarf to cover my makeupless face and messy hair. What image just popped in your head? What does my outfit say? "I'm tired and my to-do list is the size of the Louis Vuitton duffel I don't have. I also didn't want to get out of bed because it's a gloomy tuesday."

When I wake up in the morning, the difference between throwing together layers of cotton (like today) or wearing an outfit that I neatly styled the night before is major. The relationship between my energy and what I wear is so real. I wake up in the morning and live because of the things important to me: my family, my blog/youtube channel, my internship and my figure skating (to name a few). But, my outfit, my uniform, my armor in a sometimes rough world, is also what keeps me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment